Deadline for this years application submission is February 13, 2013.
The Materials Processing Center and the Center for Materials Science and Engineering sponsor a Summer Research Internship Program through the NSF REU program.
The program started in 1983, and has brought hundreds of the best science and engineering undergraduates in the country to MIT for graduate-level materials research. A wide range of project areas is available; see previous years' programs for example projects.
The application, transcripts and recommendation letters must be submitted by
February 13, 2013.
MPC/CMSE Summer Scholar Edgardo Vazquez Rodriguez (summer '11).
Project: Hierarchical Analysis of Music and Spider Silk using Category Theory
Projects available vary from year to year. Interns select their own projects from faculty presentations given the first few days of the program.
- Program dates: June 9, 2013 - August 10, 2013
- Stipend $6000 + round trip travel expenses up to $1000
- Open to students who are starting their junior or senior year at any college or university, other than MIT in September of 2013
- Only US citizens/permanent residents may apply
- Selection based on application and recommendation letters
- Application, recommendation letters and transcripts deadline :
February 13, 2013
- Awards will be announced on or shortly after: March 15, 2013
- Map of the city of Cambridge, showing important landmarks, facilities and restaurants close to MIT